I've trained pretty hard this week on quite a low carb diet. When I woke up this morning all I could think about was OATS! So post training my morning clients I've just made these delicious protein zoats (zucchini-oats). It's so easy to make - have a go!
- 1 x Courgette (or 'zucchini') grated
- 70g x Oats
- 200ml x Unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop x Protein powder of your choice (I used vanilla casein this morning as I'm not working out until later and it gives a slow release of protein, but you could use whey post-workout. The vanilla makes it nice and sweet)
- Toppings: almond butter, coconut shavings, cinnamon, fruit etc - whatever you fancy!
- Heat the oats slowly in a pan with the almond milk.
- Add the grated courgette and mix in well.
- Add the scoop of protein powder, mix and add water if too dry.
4. Leave the lid on the pan and take off the heat for a few mins so the oats plump up.
5. Stir and serve with any toppings of your choice!